Social Icons

Father's Day

Before Father's Day arrived this past Sunday, Mike and I were talking how much we now look forward to Father's/Mother's Day. It's almost like a birthday, and for good reason. Parenting ain't for the faint of heart, I'll tell you that much. But back to our Father's Day party. Mike had quite a few presents to open, some big, some not so big. Eden loved the Chips Ahoy that she conveniently opened for Mike. Those ones in the little cup are the best, they crumble in your mouth--nothing like the big ones in the package. I let Mike sleep, good wifey that I am, and got up with the kids at the crack of dawn early.

 Micah was all smiles and is really loving on his daddy lately. My favorite is how he pulls himself up using Mike's leg hair. To watch Mike's face when Micah is doing this is probably the funniest thing you'll ever see.

 Eden enjoyed some daddy time before church too, of course, my little daddy's girl.

 After church, we went out to Mike's parents. Eden wandered in their yard, and it made me yearn for a yard so bad. For a time, I just sat with the kids in the grass, we sang, and laughed, we breathed the fresh air and we looked for bugs in the grass. 

 We had a little lunch out on the deck, happy style.

 I know this photo isn't too blog worthy, but they're beautiful--looking at the camera or not.

 It was quite a challenge to get a picture of Eden holding still, she wanted to "play chase".

 Be still my beating heart. I mean it.

 I love this shot. She's vacuuming the grass. Toddlers are so quirky! But look at her little arm sticking out and the smile on her face.

Grandpa and grandson, love this.
 

And finally, I get to be sappy. Michael, you're an amazing father. You constantly look to make Eden and Micah's life a blast. No matter how hard it is, if it brings them a smile, you do it. You're always an example to me, trying to say "yes" more than "no", and foregoing your own agenda to enrich them. I love you Michael, you're incredible.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!