Social Icons

Because we love each other

Eden has entered the "why" phase of being two, but instead of "why" it's "how come." She asks "how come?" to everything lately, and I usually answer about ten or twelve times before I crack. For example, she got in my car and noticed some dirt on the windshield. She asked what it was and I told her it was bird doo doo. She said "how come?" and I told her that birds go doo doo just like every other animal. She went off on a tangent about doo doo for a while, but returned to her "how come?" phase.
So, I told Mike we should give it a go with her, lets ask her the "how come"'s. So we did.
It began this past Sunday.

Eden made a simple statement about being in the nursery at church and I asked her "how come?"

 She played along with me for about three "how comes?"

Then got tired of the game and looked at me with a long pause.

I repeated my question, "how come Eden?"

 And she responded, "because we love each other".

 So, when I am about to crack because of too many "how comes?", I answer with "because we love each other". The conversation always ends beautifully.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!