Social Icons

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

...how about you, you, you. I have had that song stuck in my head for days. It's a Raffi song, or as Eden calls it, "a kids song". We did go to the zoo last week. Thanks to my wonderful in-laws, we have a zoo pass. I love this because we can go for an hour or two and I let the kids pick what animals we see. We see a few animals and head home. It's not an all day thing (which is nice is you have little ones).
We tried something a little different this time though.
I let Eden walk.
Gasp!

 Honestly, I have such peace of mind, walking around with my two little babies buckled in a stroller. They can't escape me.

 But, I let her this time, and I even let her take her doll stroller. And you know what? It was actually really nice. It did take us about 20 minutes to walk from the penguins to the flamingos, which is about 15 feet. I felt myself getting really impatient, but then I just thought "this is what we came for: take our time, relax, and enjoy the beauty of God's creatures." So after my self-guided pep-talk, we really had fun.

 I think Micah was also wondering what was taking so long to walk 15 feet.

 And this is what you do when you need a double stroller but only have a single.

I've been meaning to blog about this for a while, but this is Eden's favorite animal, a tapir. There's not a day that goes by where she talks about it and she talks about how she wants her next birthday cake to be a tapir. (My mom makes each of her grandkids a birthday cake of whatever animal they want). So the tapir wasn't out, but we found him. He was inside, by the rhino, and yes, he saved the day.

 Micah kept happy with mum-mums. Can you believe we've gone through 4 boxes in a week and a half. I'm telling you, this little boy can eat.

Lastly, Eden got a tattoo. Now, I'm not normally a mom who lets her children do stuff like this, but well, I was just a sucker last week. She was so good, stayed by me, obeyed, I was so thrilled with her. Not only that, they were half off before noon, and I love the one she picked.

 She wanted a tapir, of course. But they didn't have that.

 So she chose a big, black, gorilla. I love my daughter to be feminine and girly and I love it that she loves getting her nails painted. But I guess I get so sick of the pink, the hearts, the fairies. Sigh.
So when she picked the most unfeminine tattoo that there possibly was, I smiled. It's big, black, and well, it's a gorilla.

We had a really nice time. As Eden was getting her tattoo, I was thinking "why don't we do this all the time, this was the best time". We left the tattoo cabana and Eden told me she wouldn't obey me, and well, I guess you could say it all went down-hill from there. We really did have fun, but as I pushed my baby in the stroller, and carried a kicking and screaming toddler while juggling a doll and doll stroller, I was quickly reminded why we don't do this all the time.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Haust Family said...

You need to give me a call next time you head to the zoo. I think out kids would love hanging out together and we need a playdate!