Social Icons

Back to normal soon

That's what Blogger keeps telling me, "back to normal soon." Seems appropriate. I was trying to upload some pictures of my darling kids, but well, read the title again. It's been a week since my last post, we've been busy, got motivated to do some things that needed to be done like put our condo for sale by owner, exchange our mattress, hang out, not do laundry, or not clean. Well, half of the list was productive.

Despite the kids going to bed crazy late last night, we had a really good day. We hung out on the deck for a good portion of the day. I sat in the sun and made the kids be in the shade. This may sound funny, but I had to keep throwing bread crumbs in the shade so Micah would stay there. Ha! We blew bubbles, sang songs, pushed some rusty 'ol trucks around. I was productive today too, made some laundry detergent, cleaned a toilet, and went to the grocery store. Kids clothes got sorted, well, I just took out the stained ones, I wish they were all sorted. Then I knocked my gallon of vinegar on the ground, and half of it spilt, so I figured it was as good a time as any to clean the bathroom floor. I don't think I've ever gotten so much done in a day (in the past 3 years). And all in a days work.

It's been busy around here, but I love days like today. Eden was in her glory singing songs on the deck, and it made my heart smile. She would make up songs like "Do you know the ducky man" instead of muffin man, and of course sang the ABC song as loud as her little lungs could belt it out. We watched to see how far away our bubbles would float before they popped. I relish days like today.We don't need playdates or activities to have fun. Those things may be fun, but I love it when we have fun doing nothing. Micah loved every loud truck that rumbled by and said his version of "hi", it sounds more like "ha". Cute.

I gave the kids a bath. If you knew me, you'd be proud because I never do it. Don't worry, they're not stinky all the time, Mike bathes them. Eden cried because her heel hurt, she had a blister, poor girl. And then begged me to put her in her crib at 6:40. That's early, but it's okay. I'm so glad that the busyness has died down for a couple of days and we're now normal.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!