Social Icons

Her most favorite thing

Last night, we planned on taking the kids to a live nativity that my friend told me about. It was raining, then drizzling, and I told Mike that I didn't even really feel like going. 
But I knew Eden was excited, and I love her love of the Christmas story. It's her favorite story ever. And she loves to act it out herself. I think there's rarely a day that goes by where she doesn't.
This was Eden one night last week: can you guess what she was playing?
 We did go, and it was amazing. So amazing.
It wasn't just a live nativity, it was like a mini outdoor play. We all sat on hay bales, and the drizzle didn't even dampen the mood.
 I'll never forget the look on Eden's face. It was hard for me to capture it, as she was on my lap. She told us in the car that it was "brilliant, just brilliant". I agree. There's something about the Christmas story that is so magical, far beyond what any fairy tale is, yet it's real, it happened.
 My pictures are pretty awful, but they're for Eden. She'll remember what it was like, despite the junky pictures.




 And my favorite:
Hope you all do something to refocus your Christmas on the true meaning!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lindsay said...

Love your new site! Wish I was there to do a live nativity with you! I'm with Eden, I think nativities are brilliant and definitely one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

Raelle said...

She's a smart cookie, I wish you were here too.

Jenny Pick said...

Where was this Raelle? I love live nativities!

Raelle said...

Jenny, this was in Oconomowoc at St. Matthews church. Definitely doing it again next year!