Social Icons

A heavy heart

My heart has been so heavy since hearing the horrific news yesterday. I cry every time I read the news since then. Just seeing the people in such anguish breaks my heart. Eden saw me crying once and asked why. I told her in the most appropriate way I could to tell my four year old, and she suggested we pray right then and there. We did.
I can't begin to imagine the pain those people are going through. And when I start to process it all, fear starts to grip my heart. Mike gently reminded me today that "God has not given us the spirit of fear", and I couldn't agree more.
Life is still a gift, that hasn't changed. And it's definitely still beautiful if we choose to live it that way.
*
I don't know if it's my heart, or perhaps it's the season, but for all of those who commented on the giveaway, I'll be giving you a set of pencils. Merry Christmas commenters! and thank you for reading.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for sharing, Raelle.