Social Icons

Encouragement

Encouragement seems like it's slowly becoming more and more scarce. It's such a treasure, and such a valuable tool. Whether you need it or love to give it, encourage someone today.
There are a few friends that I have that I love to talk to because they are so encouraging. 
That's huge in my mom world.
Eden and I made some cute pencils as little gifts to give to the people who enrich my kids' lives and we'd love to encourage. 
They turned out so cute. 
A plain pencil, some tissue paper, and a little modge podge, and you've got yourself a really cute set of pencils.
 A dance teacher, a sunday school teacher, a grandma, anyone really that makes their little world a better place. Those are the people that I want to encourage. Their task may be big, or maybe it's small, but it means something huge to me and my kids.
And to encourage you to comment, I'll send one reader a cute pencil set. Leave a comment and tell me who you've encouraged or who's your favorite person to give you encouragement.
Giveaway will close on Saturday night.
Winner will be chosen per random.org.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Lindsay said...

Here's a little encouragement for you, Raelle; you inspire me to be a better mom. And my own personal encourager is Elizabeth Baltus. She has an encouraging word for me every day. As to people I encourage, guess I probably don't that often unless its my kids to get their homework done. The people I often feel called to encourage are single moms.

Ps your pencils are really cute. I hope I win.

Jenny Pick said...

Hi Raelle! Once again your blog has truly inspired me. Your honesty of your thoughts and feelings are so moving!
I'm not really sure who I have encouraged lately, but Dionne has been my one true encourager, now more than ever!

I'd love to share in your craft making with the kids someday, just tell me what to bring!

<3 Jenny

elizabeth baltus said...

Hey Raelle! I'm so glad Linz told me about your blog the other day because I've loved reading it (gives me something fun to do when things are slow at work, too). A verse that's come to mind as I've read your past few posts has been Ps. 27:5,8, 13-14, "For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock… Your face, LORD, I will seek… I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."
As for who encourages me...lately it has daily been my new friend Laura as her life spills out the fruits of the Spirit daily (I live with her family). And, who do I encourage -- lots of people. I love encouraging. Friends I text with that I don't see as much anymore probably top the list these days -- Lindsay being one of the top two:).

C said...

My group of friends here are my biggest encouragement -- they have been huge cheerleaders and helpers during this time on bed rest for me. And just always, as we encourage each other on those rough days as moms and wives -- a simple "Oh man, I have so been there!" goes a long way:)
~ Cara

Sarah said...

I've already used my wonderful pencils! I love them. Thank you so much for being such a great friend!