Social Icons

Nothing happened here today

This week seemed crazy for me. I wish I had a mind that I could turn on and off, but I feel like it's constantly going. I noticed today that I'm never just sitting and talking, I'm always sitting and working on a project, or standing and doing laundry, or even eating standing. I need life to slow down a little. It's not hard for me to say no to things, but I put expectations on myself and things I think that I need to do, and those are the things I find it hard to say no to.
 On another note, it really hit me this week how grown up Micah is. I took both the kids to a little Christmas activity at a friends church. As I was getting him dressed, his shirt got stuck on his head. I quickly pulled it down and said "boo" in a gentle voice trying to get him to smile. I think he's outgrown this babyish phase as he said to me "mommy, don't scare me. Be nice to me."I wish he'd stay little.
 Speaking of staying little, it's not happening with Eden either. I noticed the other day that her size 5 pants are getting short. GASP!
 My heart has been pretty anxious lately and I told a friend this week how badly I wanted a baby. It's such a longing feeling, and I felt shocked to listen to myself say those words. Never would I have imagined myself going through what we've been through lately. It would have been in the next couple of weeks that we would've had our 20 week ultrasound. I try not to think back and then forward, but I can't help it. Man, children are such a gift. And you should consider yourself so blessed if you've never had that longing, it's painful.
 On a fun note, the kids and I did a little project today. I was reading this blog post last night, and thought that the kids would love it. (little side note- I love her blog, it's what originally inspired me to start a smash book). I was right, they did.
 Eden got so intense. I love how she holds her face when she's concentrating. I've noticed that Mike does the exact same face when he plays guitar.
 She did such an excellent job, but most of all I love how proud of herself she was.
 I cut some of the string I bought from Anthropologie and just sewed a tiny stitch through each one. It turned out beautiful.
 I kind of want to make one for myself.
 We made a quick stop at the library and picked up some new books. Eden was sitting on the couch reading and the next thing I know she was at the table with a book, a pencil, and a piece of paper.
She told me that she was writing a letter, and I watched her as she copied the little note in the book, letter for letter, word for word.
"Nothing Happened Here Today".
I cut it out and put it on the fridge.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Sandra Kohlmann said...

My daughters make the same face as my husband, when they are concentrating. I love it so much, when any of the three of them do it.

Those pom poms look like a ton of fun!

Jenny Pick said...

Loved the note on your fridge when I saw it there!