Social Icons

Just to clarify

On my post Monday night, I remember writing something about how Micah tries to hide his excitement. It's a hard thing to describe in words. I have a feeling that happiness is something that most kids don't try to hide regularly. So tonight I come with proof.
But first, my favorite part of the zoo on Micah's birthday was watching the elephants spray water and throw dirt. Never seen it before. I love it when I get to experience something new at 29 years old.

Here's my proof. On the train. The beginning of hiding happiness.
He's bursting at the seams inside with joy, I just know it. But he won't show it.

Still won't show it.

Ripped apart with joy. I love it!

I think those may be the biggest smiles I've ever seen on my boy.

The joy is still overflowing.

And we're back to serious.
That's my proof, just wanted to clarify.

And, I do need to give a special shout out to Eden.
We talked so much in advance how this was Micah's special day and he would get presents and probably a lot of attention, but that's okay.

We talked about how we'd be happy for him and just be so kind to him.

Truth is, she was amazing. She was thrilled for him, and so kind. She shined, see it?
So happy for him, all day.
This girl is amazing.
Good night!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Sandra Kohlmann said...

My daughters are often the same as Micah: serious on the outside and bursting with happiness on the inside. When we go to our local amusement park, they ride the rides with the straightest of faces. Then they get off and are immediately begging to get back on. Based on how they look, when on the rides, you'd never know how much they love them!

Raelle said...

Isn't that funny?! How have you been doing? I'm so behind in blogging lately, I've missed it.
Your girls look darling:)