Social Icons

No bon bon eating here

My blogging absence last month was uncalled for. It was. I love knowing that I'm keeping track of the little things my kids do and say as well as what I'm learning as a mom. It never stops, them or me. Like last week, Eden, who is mildly obsessed with the christmas story, asked if she could eat at "We Three Kings", which is really "Burger King". Cute. I love those little tidbits.
Anyway, back to the last month:
We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. It was wonderful. My mom drove in from out of town, we went out, she put the kids to bed. We enjoyed each other, and I can't believe we've been married seven years. So blessed, sometime I'll have to share our love story, it's pretty incredible.

I think every day it was over seventy degrees, the kids played with their little kiddy pool. It occupied them for hours. Usually by the end of the day it was full of sand, dirt, grass clippings, and rocks, but they still had fun.

Cuddling. Eden. and anyone willing. Eden's sleep issues still seem unresolved to me, but I've been letting her fall asleep next to me nearly every night. You should see her face when I tell her she can. It lights up. Despite the lack of sleep, her attitude is outstanding. Last night, she read and cuddled Micah and read him a book. Made up the words and everything. So cute.

I love projects, they're kinda my livelihood. I bought this little piece at a rummage sale at the beginning of summer. It was half primed white, and just dingy. I spray painted it green, sanded it, and then stained it. I think it turned out so cute. And, my first shopping trip to Hobby Lobby landed me all the knobs at fifty percent off. The best part, I did it while watching the kids play in the pool, couple hours tops.

Put Eden in dance class. It's just through the park & rec. dept., but she loves it. We had to get special permission too because she's not yet four and it's a four year old class. Thankfully, she loves it and follows directions better than some of the other four year olds.

Admiring little things. I love taking a step back or usually taking a seat to just admire. It's the moments when I put down what I'm doing, and just be that I learn the most and count my blessings. I wish I did it more.

Stenciled one wall of the kitchen and repainted the entire kitchen. We painted the kitchen "swiss coffee", a shade of white. I tell everyone that the color was "mental institution" before. It was crusty, buttery, yellowy, but not quite. It looks so fresh now.
And my stencil, I love that too, I planned on doing more, but Mike thought it could be too much going on. Another thing that we did in the kitchen was switch out all the outlets and switches to white from ivory, that made a huge difference. Also, the little light above the sink was a florescent garage style light, so I did a little rewiring and put in a little pendant light. Much better.

That's what I was doing when I wasn't blogging. See, no bon bon eating here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!