Social Icons

Quiet days at home

The kids and I have been home a lot. A lot. You'd think saying that, my house would be clean and laundry would be kept up. It's not. It's quite the opposite. I find that the more we're home, the more the house is a disaster, but the less I care. They have fun though, and I'm happy. We're home.
We had a big wind storm last week and a huge limb fell off the tree. Made me so sad, so we brought it inside. It's bee like a new little play station, so now I'm kinda happy it fell.


I started reading a book by Priscilla Shyer (?) and she talks so much about living in the present. I love that. It's been my prayer lately. Not to be wanting to fast forward Eden's late night sleep routines or wanting to move past Micah's naughtiness lately, just being. Just living right here, right now and enjoying it. I think that's why we've been home so much lately too. Just being.

Eden's itch to paint is back, this time she has a new muse. See it? It's her little beetle that she found outside. I so admire her.

I just love this picture. It's like Mike's little fan club. Those are our quiet days at home. Made up of little memories that are so precious. Now if only Micah would stop asking to go to Target.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Haust Family said...

I LOVE your loveseat! Did you do that yourself? It is so you. :)

Raelle said...

I did. I used to work in furniture for Boston Store, so I had oodles of fabric samples. That and a glue gun, and I got a new sofa:)