Social Icons

My best friends' wedding

I can't believe I finally get to say that! So, one week ago today, my best friend got married. We met when we were 6 and have been around the world together. I knew Mel's wedding would be different, but there were certain things that no one was prepared for. I loved it, and it was so her. I spoke during the ceremony about Mel, I was nervous, but I think it went well. 

 The bride and groom led their guests to sing "this little light of mine" after their vows. I think I've thought of this moment every day this week.

Mel and Brad jumping and jiving; can you see Mel's arm's in the air? 

 I just had to put this one up. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. So this is Melanie's newbie husband, doesn't he look like he's the happiest guy in the world...or something.

 Melanie's parents are phenomenal chefs. So, quick case in point, I don't like cooked carrots. But it seems like whenever I go to her parents house and eat, they have cooked carrots and I find myself having fourths or fifths on the carrots. They make cooked carrots so delicious. Anyway, her parents did all the food, and of course I wanted to fill my purse with the meat and potatoes. But I didn't want to embarrass my family, so I didn't.

 Cutest baby ever, huh? Goodness sakes he's darling.

 Eden and Rosalie were the flower girls. It really meant the world to me that Melanie & Brad would ask her. Truth is, her and Rosalie fit the flower girl role to a "T". They even wore Mel's old dresses from when she was around their age. Not only that, but Eden and Rosalie click. I mean really click, no cat fights, no squabbling, no hitting, no biting, you get my point.

 They had such a blast together, twirling, dancing, playing "Ring around the Rosie".

 This was one of their cutest moments. Melanie and Brad had a piano player, and when she got up, Eden and Rosalie took her place. Eden banged on the piano as Rosalie danced to the banging keys. It was so adorable. Like I said, fit the flower girl role to a "T".

 They had a pinata, which was apparently a Peace Corps tradition, and sooo fun to watch. 

 But mostly, we just had a really good time. 

I love that Eden fulfilled her role as a flower girl. She told everyone, all the time "I'm gonna be a flower girl". I kind of think she thought of it as her occupation for the past several months. If we went to the grocery store, a friends house, the park, that's what her opener line was. Now that the wedding's over, her opener is "I have my fingernails painted".

 But honestly, I loved the family time we had at the wedding, and I love it that Melanie and Brad didn't exclude kids. I understand when people do exclude kids, but my kids are part of me and family memories are so precious to me. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!