Social Icons

A case of the Fridays

Mike and I have a standing joke about having "a case of the Fridays". It could be similar to our "cursed coconut chicken" but that's a story for another time.  "A case of the Fridays" means something like we both go crazy with emotion, stress, and fatigue in anticipation that the weekend is finally upon us. Basically, one of us is usually crabby on Friday.
So, whoever is showing signs of being crabby, the other will ask "do you have a case of the Fridays?" Being the simple minded folks that we are, the one that's crabby usually laughs, and the mood lightens. So, last Friday, I think I was the one who had the case. But after dinner time, there was no way I could hang onto that. 
But first, Micah and popsicles, tisk tisk. I remember when Eden was his age, nine months, and I started stressing about her eating birthday cake at her one year birthday because of all the frosting and sugar. My, my, things to do change people. I can't believe I was ever that uptight. Micah loves popsicles, his little tongue goes so crazy for them.

 You'd never be able to take it from him, and honestly, with that face, how could you?

 Mike and I wonder sometimes if something is wrong with our kids (not really). Eden loves it when we pretend to cry and she'll often do things and say "cry". When we do, she throws her head back in laughter and has a little cackle laugh that is so hilarious, it makes you keep pretending to cry.

 See, Micah thinks it's funny too to see Mike cry. Does any one else's kids do this?

 Maybe this picture will help you understand why my case of the Fridays couldn't hold up.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!