Social Icons

Snapshots in my mind

I can't believe I'm doing another post without pictures. I haven't been taking many pictures lately, and haven't done my routine every other day upload from the camera. So... the kids and I took a really really long walk today and I was thinking about how I didn't have my camera, and I wish I would've grabbed it, you know, just in case.
I got to thinking about all these special moment that I have tucked away in my mind, that I probably will never have a picture of.
Some of the memories that came to me are typical things and some not so typical, but they're things that I cherish so much. Ready?
* Whenever I take the kids for a walk, we usually walk down a utility road to get into town. It's a pretty steep hill, and every time Eden asks me if I'll run down it. I can't resist, and the glee that ensues is so amazing. Both Eden and Micah kick their legs as fast as they can and there is uncontrollable laughter. I'll probably wipe out one of these days because I get so caught up in them, it's hard to pay attention where I'm running.
* Eden and Micah's kisses are a huge one. I have one picture of Eden giving me a kiss when I was pregnant with Micah, and I will forever wish for more. Micah is so into giving kisses, it's the cutest. He even makes the little sound, "mah". Tonight Eden gave me a kiss on the cheek and I wished so bad I had a picture of that little tiny moment.
* Every night that I tuck the kids in (Mike and I take turns) I debate going to get my camera. I've taken one picture of Eden sleeping in her bed at night, but it's been so long. I just can't bear the thought of waking their little peaceful body, maybe someday.
* When Eden makes a new friend or someone new talks to Micah, I wish I could capture the look on their face. I think they're the opposite, yet I love those looks where their big blue eyes say so much. Eden's eyes sparkle and Micah burrows his face in my shoulder gently glancing up at me looking for a little consolation with stranger danger.
I know there's more, but my brain is fried.
Tah tah.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!