Social Icons

It's going too fast

I wrote the title to this post more than twelve hours ago today. I find it funny because today felt like the longest day of my life. It makes me laugh inside to think about the post I was wanting to write this morning could be opposite the post that I feel like writing right now.
When I'm honest though, it really is going too fast. I've felt like lately I've looked at Eden and Micah in their beds when they're asleep and felt like their bodies were five times bigger than I remember them being. I think maybe I've been emotional over it lately as Micah turned one on Sunday.

His birth day seems like yesterday in my mind, and though Eden's nearly three, I have the exact same thoughts of her birth day. We had a pretty big party (pictures to come tomorrow) this past Saturday to celebrate the kids' birthday's together. It was awesome. I love people coming together in celebration. Is there anything better?
I kept thinking all day on Saturday how unemotional I felt about Micah turning one.
Of course, it hit me Sunday.

Isn't he darling?
I still can't believe he's one, it's just going too fast. I think that this is the part that all the older people and middle aged people tell me about in passing at the stores or on walks. "It goes so fast, enjoy it."
For a while, I felt like that was all anyone said to me, but now I understand, now I get it.
Of course there are the endless days (like today) where your children seem to do everything you tell them not to. The days that you felt like you weren't a fabulous mom, today was one of those days.
But that's not how we live day to day.
We have a ball, and we live out love.

Eden started Sunday school on Sunday. We bumped her up a class. I walked in with her and I knew by the look on her face, she was nervous. Her little hand was clutching mine, and I felt so honored to just be standing at her side. She quickly made a friend, and that moment was gone, but I'll remember it forever.
Or tonight, after our long day; after our books, stories, prayers, and kisses; after I told her "I love you Eden", she said "I love you more". 
There's no way, but those are the moments that I will never ever forget. 
Ever.
Even when it's going too fast.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!