Social Icons

The rivalry has begun

My two little ones have begun to fight. Sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face, and actually I love those moments. My patience is in check and my mind is mellow, and I'm taking a step back and seeing the big picture. Sibling rivalry. I think anyone who has a sibling deals with it at some point. In the end, I do believe it's a blessing. What better way to learn to share (constantly), have patience, and use kind words. 
Micah is only days away from being one. Hard to believe, but he understands so much already, and yet has so many baby characteristics still. Just today when I was changing him his legs were in the air and then he'd curl them up. I felt like I was having flashbacks to what seems like only weeks ago but has been months and months past.
Eden is charming to say the least. Sometimes I sit back and relish our conversations and think what a cool little person she is. I know I'm biased, but she is unique on such personal and intriguing level. It seems that there isn't a day that goes by where Mike and I aren't talking about all the ideas that she's expressed during some point of the day.
These two are destined to be best buds, but for now... well, we'll just see how they work together. Our funny story of the week: Eden knows that she is not to hit, kick, push, or any of the like to Micah. Micah seems aware of this too. A couple of nights ago, they were both standing at the refrigerator and Eden was pushing Micah with her body. In her mind that wasn't wrong. 
Micah wasn't thrilled with this. He can say the word "no" plain as day and those were his choice words. Eden laughed and laid on the ground near the kitchen. Micah crawled to her with his little scowl on his face and hit her on the stomach. She laughed hysterically.
Micah wasn't thrilled with her response and grabbed the closest toy to him and chucked it right at her. All of us couldn't help but laugh. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!