Social Icons

By surprise

Some things take me by surprise. Not much. But this weekend seemed full of them.
*
We stumbled upon a parade in Hartland. Not a typical parade, but a POW parade. Eden was so excited and I think it may have jaded her parade attitude. I hop no though. It was a silent march, a bit depressing, yet an opportune teaching opportunity. I tried to talk with her about our freedoms, how we pray, go to church, etc... I guess I'll have to wait and see if any of that stuck with her.
*
On our way to church this morning, Eden recited her Bible verse from last week. Not a huge surprise knowing my little girl, but a surprise none the less. We were working on her Sunday school project on Thursday morning  and I think I said her Bible verse in access of one hundred times. She'd never say it back in completion, but she's got a mind like an elephant; she never forgets.
*
Micah is closer to walking than we think. This was a huge surprise as he's taken steps several times this weekend. That's huge! I may not be ready for another toddler, but bring it on Micah! I'm so proud of you.
*
I've never been sneezed on point blank until this weekend. That took me by a huge surprise. I was getting Eden dressed for bed and her little face was no more than six inches from my face. Her sneeze hit me smack dab in the center of my face. Wow, I guess I have no more words for that one.
*
Mike and I got to sit through almost an entire church service together. I nursed Micah right after the worship time and he slept. I tried so so hard to concentrate on the message, but my thoughts were more like "I can't believe I'm sitting here next to Mike...How long has it been since we've sat in church together?...I hope Micah sleeps for a while." I'll get better on that one though.
*
I've been sleeping. Mike's gotten up two of the last three mornings and I've slept until 7:30. Crazy how early kids are to start the day, but I love it when their attitude rubs off on me.
*
Eden had her first piece of bubble gum today. I love watching the wonder of a child. It's so amazing, and it's something that truly makes my heart shine. Small, but a delightful surprise.
*
Being thankful for our beautiful weekend together as a family. I don't think there's anything I cherish more and that is no surprise.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!