Social Icons

Sarah Lynne and Strawberry Shortcake

I remember like yesterday when Eden was Micah's age. She adored me and pined for me. Now, well, she's growing up. But it feels like so much more than that.
I'm a mom who loves being needed. I love when Micah whines and holds his hands up for me or when he points to me and makes a droning noise, I enjoy it. Eden doesn't do those things anymore. I have to make a point to hold her every day, to cuddle her when she's sad, and sometimes especially lately, I've been snuggling with her in her crib before her naps. We tell secrets and I love gently brushing the hair out of her eyes, usually it's a very tender moment for me as a mom.
Micah's a little bit of a snuggler and loves being held more than anything, though I'm sure one day very soon, I'll  be writing a post very similar about him.
See, Eden loves Strawberry Shortcake and Sarah Lynne from the Little People. She's only allowed to watch little movies when she's sick, so her time seeing these characters isn't obsessive. But lately, she wants me to pretend I'm Strawberry Shortcake or Sarah Lynne ALL. THE. TIME. She usually wants me to sing little songs with her, depending on what character I am pretending to be. We have some pretty crazy conversations, and honestly, it drains me.
Today, she wanted me to be Sarah Lynne and I just wanted two minutes of silence. I wanted it, but I gave in to her, I became Sarah Lynne. In my Sarah Lynne voice, I decided to have a conversation with her about "mommy". I asked her why she always wanted mommy to be Sarah Lynne instead of just mommy. Her response, "because Sarah Lynne is so much more fun." I sat back, and I made the best of Sarah Lynne, thankful that she still loves the friendship with her.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!