Social Icons

A day in the life

One day, over our octopus hot dog lunch, Eden, Micah and I discussed our plans for the rest of the day. I threw several options out to them, but for some reason, apple picking it was.

 I love little ventures with the kiddos, and pulling Micah off boxes lately is not one of those little ventures that I love (more on the boxes later).

 Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures of us at the apple tree. I was wearing Micah in my Moby and holding Eden's hand, so yeah, that's why. Eden and I each had a bag, hers was little and mine was big.

 Shortly after we got home, Micah decided to enjoy the fruits of our labor.  See all the apples in the background, I think he thought they were little balls or something at first.

 And yes, they were very sour.

 So after we came home (it was just a little jaunt up the street that we walked to) we washed our hands. Eden decided she had to wash her hair in the sink too, along with her hands.

The apples were pure deliciousness as you can see by the little pile of nibbled apples. 

 A few days later, an apple pie was born. I remember when I used to make homemade desserts all the time, piece of cake. Not so anymore, this mommas got lots to do, but maybe it's the 'piece of cake' line that's the untrue part now. 

The pie was delicious, but my favorite part was definitely picking apples with Eden and Micah.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!