Social Icons

The kind of person you are

Dear Eden,
Life is going so fast, and I can hardly believe your third birthday is right around the corner. I remember when I was pregnant with you and so many of my thoughts were always trying to wrap around how my heart could love another person.
You're not a hard person to love, and my thoughts now are of how my love just multiplies exponentially for you. You're kind of quirky, always fun, and you say the cutest things. When I saw quirky, it's really adorable. You love crabs, crayfish, and lobsters almost as much as you love cement mixers, garbage trucks and mini loaders.

I think you may truly be the most compassionate person I've ever met. I aspire to be like you in that regard. Add that to the list of things you're teaching me. If I'm emotional and having a bad day, you'll see me shed a tear and instantly be by my side rubbing my back and telling me that you'll make me feel better. You're my little friend and I cherish those moments and hold them so close to my heart. Lately, you've even stopped playing to tell me you love me. God has truly blessed me.

I've been praying for you a lot lately. I know I've said before that if I'm not on my knees praying for you, I'm failing as a mom. That's my greatest goal as your mom is to show you Jesus. I'm far from perfect, Eden, but I'm trying, very hard. There are times that I yell when you disobey or that you aren't kind, but even in our low moments, I love you more that you can fathom.
I never doubt that you'll do something great with your life. You're a different kind of person and believe it or not, I think you teach me more than I teach you. I hope you never change: talking non-stop, complementing strangers, and dreaming of the day that you become a mommy. You are so precious Eden, and I love you.
Love, 
Mommy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!