Social Icons

Do you believe in magic...

Do you believe in magic?
In a young girls heart
How the music can free her whenever it starts
And it's magic if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old time movie
I'll tell ya about the magic 
It'll free your soul but it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock n roll
*
I love that song, especially this week. I don't believe in magic though, God is bigger than that stuff, but it is a good tune. My week though, you know it's good when you have that song stuck in your head all day. For example, today, this little guy slept on his own as in he actually took a nap! That's major around here. Seriously, I don't think he's taken a nap without an aide (i.e. my twins, a car ride, being held) since he was probably around three months.

We got to see my brother yesterday. We haven't seen him in what seems like forever, and Eden kept asking if he was African American. We went swimming with him, and I felt so proud of my kids. Sometimes it takes someone else being around for me to see them outside of my little box. I saw them outside of it yesterday and I felt stunned. I love it when that happens...(as "Do You Believe in Magic" is playing in my head).

I know it is only Tuesday, and my wonderful week will have the usually crazy happening in it. 
Ehhhemmm Micah!

I even built the most extravagant mega block structure ever. I know, I know, the life of a stay at home mom. But a lot of times whether I'm doing mega blocks, building a train track, or setting up little people, it's often my goal to see how far I can get before it's destroyed.

Eden put herself down for a nap today and yesterday. I think I may have the only child who crawls into her crib. Today, thanks to my wonderful in-laws coming over, I got to get out for a little bit. I tried to get home when I thought Eden would need to be put down. When I walked in the door, grandma and grandpa told me that Eden had just declared she was ready for a nap and needed some sleep.

A rested toddler is amazing. I was vacuuming and she was saying things like "Good job vacuuming Mommy!" It's simple, and it's little, but those are the things I love. I've been praying for patience a lot lately. I've always known that I have amazing kids, but I sure do have my days with them. Today, when I had the luxury of silence in my car, I kept thinking "it's me". I'm the issue, it's not them. I'm the teacher for life and morals and values and everything really. When I've been impatient lately, I have a new strategy.

I remember reading "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggars like it was yesterday. In it, he makes this analogy about his mind how it's like he has all these little men pulling files for him on subjects and memories. Well, that's my strategy. Lately I think before I respond when I'm impatient. I'm only a week into this, but I'm training those little people in my brain to pull the files with Bible verses and attributes of God. 
It may sound silly, but so far they're doing a good job.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!