Social Icons

Like I never imagined

Dear Micah,
Just a few nights ago, Daddy and I moved you out of our room. I miss you now so much by the time morning rolls around that I feel ecstatic to see you even if it is 5 a.m. You nurse in bed and look up at my and wave to me with your chubby little fingers.

Before you were born, I was worried about how you would fit into our family and now I can't imagine a day without you. You're such a little person, but you add so much to this family. I love our little silent language and embrace you being a baby probably because you're growing up so fast.

You do the funniest things and if it's not me and Eden snickering at something you're doing, it's Daddy and I. Last night, you dove head first into the empty bathtub and this morning you were teetering on the bathtub ledge on your stomach with your head and legs in the air. You're so simple, but you're the biggest blessing. I love how happy you are when you're eating and how you nod or shake your head when someone asks you a question.

 Sometimes I feel really clueless and a little scared about parenting and mothering a boy. I know the type of man I want you to grow up to be, it's just like your daddy. And I know I want you to fear God, respect women, and have a sheltered mind. I want you to be a dare devil, to be wild, and have so much passion for the things that are important to you.

Even though you don't talk, you say so much. Like when I pick you up when you're crying and wrap your little arms dimpled with fat rolls around me. I think that's my favorite. It's the tightest little hug and the best feeling in the world. You bring me so much joy Micah, like I never imagined.
I love you.
Love, 
Mommy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!