Social Icons

Why I love Waupaca

As a child, I grew up going to Waupaca every summer. We camped as a family in Hartman's Creek State Park, canoed down the Crystal River, and always stopped for a cotton candy at Tom Thumb's on the river. I have such beautiful memories of it all. My dad cooking on a fire, swimming at the beach, but mostly I think my memories are savored because we were making those memories as a family.
*
Now, my children are growing up and going to Waupaca at least once a month.

 They're building their relationship with each other and exploring new things together just like I did with my siblings twenty plus years ago.

 It's so crazy to think that now my family is carrying on the tradition of making memories in Waupaca: taking boat rides, kayaking the Crystal River, and still enjoying my dad grilling for us, to name a few.

 I'm hoping that my children will one day remember these times that we shared together.


 We always have fun, and there's always some highlight to each day we're there.

 My kids are always up for trying something new, and those experiences readily present themselves in Waupaca.


 But one of my top two favorite reasons for visiting Waupaca nowadays, is usually a date with my husband. I cherish my time alone with him so much. It seems hard to even have a conversation on certain days with us both chasing the kids around. It's so valuable to me and vital to our marriage.

 But none of that would be possible without my parents. They live in Waupaca now, and are the creators of our mini vacation. They make it possible for Mike and I to get out on our own when we visit, and wait on us as if they hadn't seen us in years. Thank you Mom and Dad for being hospitable. That word is an understatement for what you do for us.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!