Social Icons

Treasures

Mike and I always joke that Eden will one day be a hoarder. She has some big attachment issues to little things. For example:

These are the things that she's been carrying around with her everywhere. Not just out and about, but to bed. Micah knows how to jerk her chain and the instant she has her little hands off of her treasures, he makes a mad crawl to go and grab it. Eden wins though. Always.
So, she got the maroon little book on the left from my mother in law. It's actually a little book of recipes and she often sits in a chair and she'll be reading it to her baby at any given time of the day. The Hello Kitty phone book is something we got at a party shop in Madison. Fifty nine cents. It was such a good thing though. She clutched that little notebook all day, no running off, just holding her notebook.
The green phone book on the right is from her cousins' birthday party and the newest member to the collection. And lastly, the lip gloss. I don't know what we'll do if we ever lose that thing. The funny part is that it actually doesn't work. My mom bought it for her and opened it and tested it and saw it didn't work. She was about to return it, but as best as a person can with mouthing words, I begged her to let Eden keep it. It makes my life simple that way and she's still happy with her "lick stick".


She's quite organized too. This is how she carried it all around from point A to B. It's silly, but it also teaches me a big lesson. Materialism. I struggle with it often and I definitely don't want to be a slave to things. Eden is not a slave to things, but she treasures what she has. The things that she treasures aren't of value (to anyone but her) but are like her little memories that she loves to carry around with her. My family is more than enough, and again, she's teaching me.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!