Social Icons

Rules and agendas

I find as a mom that when I have an agenda everyone suffers. I've learned to let things go, not care that things have been let go, and enjoy the moment.

I'm still not that good at it. I do like a picked-up house, a clean house is just out of my league. I like things organized, or at least put in their place, and I love when my laundry shelves aren't bowed from an overload of dirty clothes.

None of that is important though. It's just not. Who cares if laundry is done, the house is picked up, or things are put away?

What I really love most of all is having happy kids. I love when they play together and I hear them laughing incessantly. When I hear it, it's almost like the fountain of youth to my heart. Cheesy, but true.

So, agendas usually go out the window around here. I was even thinking today how so many rules that I make go out the window. Today, for example: Eden knows that we don't allow her to jump on the bed, ours particularly. But it happens often, and Micah is usually pulling up on the side of the bed laughing hysterically. They both just laugh and laugh and laugh. I usually stop whatever I'm doing just to listen. It's like music. I usually don't interfere. It's a rule that I guess was made to be broken.

These two are so happy when there is no agenda.

And if they're happy,

I am too.








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!