Social Icons

Happy Birthday Love!

Michael, I'm a few days late in posting your birthday happenings. What's new, right? Me and the kids loved seeing you at work. We worked so hard to get out the door with no food on our face or in our hair and our teeth brushed.

 I love seeing you at work. Every time we come down and see you, I feel so thankful for you. You have a work ethic unlike I've ever seen, and I really want to thank you for that. You are the reason that I get to stay home with our babies and my heart is so full at that thought.

 I really wanted to do something huge for you. I don't know what, maybe I'll figure it out by your next birthday. I love birthday's and I think it's such a cool chance to show someone how special they are. In your case, how special you are and how much crazy love I have for you. Your comment at my shredded bed sheet made me laugh, but I think it turned out to be a cute party decoration and hopefully you'll look back and feel the same.

 I think the highlight of Eden's day was your cake. I let her pick it out as our air has been running nonstop and I didn't know if I could bake a cake with Micah climbing my leg. Again, another plan for me to accomplish next year. It was good though, too bad Eden ate all the "dots" huh?

 Right before you came in the door, I had all these blow thingy's all over the table. I had just looked out the window and saw your car and yelled really giddy-like "DADDY's HOME!" and then realized that I drove your car that day. Bummer. So the kids were really bummed as was I. We made a group decision to go out on the deck and wait and watch for you. Eden took the blow thingy's out on the deck and dropped  one over. It was so crazy the crying that ensued. You came home about 5 minutes later.

But once you were home, we were all happy again. Truly. Seeing you walk through the door made my heart skip a beat. I love making you feel special and want to make a more conscious effort to do that every day. 

 I think my favorite part of the day was after we put the kids to bed. We sat on the couch and talked and talked. We talked about little things, like the meal that you had for your birthday last year. We talked about some big things, like how we spent your birthday seven years ago--in Europe as friends. It's crazy. This beautiful life that God has given to us. So glad that birthday seven years ago took place--we never in a million years thought we'd be where we are now.

I love you Michael, Happy Birthday!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!