Social Icons

Faith in true form

I've been trying to make it a habit to pray with Eden. It's so precious to hear her talk to God, and it's rare that I don't cry when I hear her little voice doing so.

Yesterday, this was Eden's prayer: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for giving us a showing. Thank you for our swing set." I sobbed. Seriously. When Eden looked up at me she asked me if those were happy tears, and I tried my best to explain to her just how happy my tears were.

As soon as we got up, I wrote down her prayer on a little piece of paper and put in on the fridge. It's been the only thing on the front of our fridge since, and I love reading it.

We're trying so hard to sell our condo. We hope. We pray. We lower our price. Hope and pray some more. Clean out clutter and repeat the cycle over and over. It's been over a year and a half, and we've kept our hearts content. Over the weekend though, Mike and I both felt a heaviness, kinda like the hope-part of our hearts' was really wearing thin.

And then I heard Eden pray this prayer. It reminded me of the verse in Hebrews "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." Wow. She nailed it.

Though we haven't gotten any calls for any showings, I do have faith and I'm thinking my daughter's words "thank you for giving us a showing."


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!