Social Icons

She made my day.


Both kids are napping right now, and Mike is at the pool. I'm relishing the silence but my mind keeps replaying my morning in delight.
I got up at 4. Micah is sick and had a crazy fever, so meds were in order and some magic milk:) He went back to sleep around 5:15. I decided that I probably wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, but was surprised when I heard my little girl singing from her crib. I kept thinking, "It's too early" or "maybe she'll fall back asleep". 
But then I realized something: if I got her, I could have alone time with her. 
It rarely happens these days, and when it does happen I treasure it so deeply.
I got her out of her crib, and she was delighted to see me.
We've had a rough couple of days around here. Let's just say that life with a two year old isn't always cute drawings and hilarious sayings.
We played while I drank my coffee and simultaneously I was awed at her. We were having conversations, but in my head I was carrying on conversations with myself.
Things like 'She is soooo beautiful' and 'Look how tall she got overnight'. Things like that over and over and over.
Being the daddy's girl that she is, I asked her if she wanted to wake daddy up. Her response shocked me  and made my day all at the same time.
"I like playing with just you Mommy."
I cried.
I know, I know, but it's rare to hear something like that from your child. At least that's my experience. It's rare, but so beautiful especially at five thirty in the morning.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!