Social Icons

So sad

I'm dreading writing this post.
We were pregnant and lost our baby. We found out on Tuesday at our twelve week appointment. I can honestly say I've never been more sad in my whole life. Just this morning, I lost it in our bedroom. I went in there to get dressed and found myself in a heap on the floor. The wave of sadness was so great, I started to throw up. I've never felt that physical pain from an emotional hurt before. It hurts bad.
*
There were things about this pregnancy that were off. I was so sick. So sick, I often felt like I was dying, it was beyond pregnancy sickness. My stomach was small. I had tight pants for a week, and then they weren't tight anymore. I'm not that type of pregnant person. I get big and I gain a lot of weight, and this wasn't like that.
*
Tuesday morning I woke up from a sound sleep because of an awful dream. I dreamt that I started bleeding and when I went to my appointment that afternoon, the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. When I woke up from the dream, I went to the bathroom making sure that it was only a dream and told Mike when he woke up. I'll never forget that dream.
Our day carried on, Mike went to work. The kids and I were about to start on a project but I had to run and get something out of the basement. It was flooded. I called Mike and he was insistent on coming home. I told him it was up to him but I knew I could take care of it. He came home and he went to my appointment with me and the kids.
*
That's when that awful dream came true. No heartbeat. I've never felt an emotional pain physically hurt until then. Mike lost it in the doctor's office and I lost it out in the parking lot. I feel like I haven't pulled it together since. The pain is so intense and it's just so sad. I find myself longing for heaven in a way I never have before.
I want my baby back.
I don't want to feel this way.
*
Then I have these moments, they happen all the time actually. These moments where I look at Eden and Micah and, although I don't think it's possible, I feel like I love them more.



When they hug me, I pull them in tighter and kiss their head an extra time. Such gifts. Eden fell asleep in my arms last night after I watched her play with a friends baby. I loved seeing my friend, but it made me sad. I wanted her to be playing with our baby in 6 months.
I know that time is really the only thing that can heal this and God is the only one who can comfort.
The God part brings me such peace.
*
The way the whole day went on Tuesday, God totally led Mike home. Mike needed to be here, and He made that happen. I'm blessed. I know I am. God has given me much.
*
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future". Jeremiah 29:11
*
So, we try to move forward. Knowing that I will always carry this sadness and always have that longing for heaven, those thoughts will never leave me.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Sandra Kohlmann said...

I've been in your shoes. It hurts worse than almost anything else in the world. To have life inside you, and then it's gone. I promise it will get better, though. I promise. Take care. You'll be in my prayers.