Social Icons

Really big smiles and a slime recipe

The kids and I didn't leave the house today. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with all I'd like to do and need to do, that I don't think I'll ever be able to leave the house and stay on top of it all.
I love doing projects with the kids, and do nearly every day.
Sometimes it's just coloring, and other times it involves many ingredients and is pretty messy.
For their sake, they love messy.
 Our library is amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone who lives remotely close to me. They have craft grab bags and science kits available. All the ingredients are in it, which is so wonderful.
 Several weeks ago, Eden picked a slime kit. And finally today she requested it. I sometimes get a little intimidated by messiness, but kids thrive on that kind of stuff and seeing their joy... well, it makes me feel like I could care less about the mess.
 You'll need:
a bowl
a spoon
7.65 bottle of glue (we used Elmer's)
food coloring
1 tsp of borax
1/2 cup of water
The kids emptied the glue in a bowl. Next, fill the empty glue bottle with water, put the cap on and shake. Have them empty that in the same "glue" bowl.
*
In a separate cup, combine your borax and 1/2 cup of water. Stir it a little.
*
Put a couple of drops of food coloring in your "glue" bowl.
*
Pour, a little at a time, the borax solution into the glue bowl. Don't pour it in all at once. (I think we only used half of the solution).
*
Have fun

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jenny Pick said...

At the Delafield library? Haven't been there in so long! Sounds fun!

Raelle said...

The little stands holding the craft projects and science experiments are on top of the kid bookshelves. You may not notice them unless you know they're there.