Social Icons

My week and Thanksgiving

This week was fabulous. I love that I can type that.
We had some friends over, I accomplished some little projects, hint, hint:
 and I focused my attention. One thing that's been so helpful to me, lately, and in all of my life is to keep a journal. This week I wrote down some goals that I wanted to accomplish, and what do you know, my etsy site is almost up and running. I feel proud of myself. I'm sure that it'll probably go something like every other time I've set up my etsy store, as in nothing sells. But that's okay, I had fun doing it.
Eden and I had a lot of plans this week. We made a Christmas chain, and we set up our nativity sets.
And I promised to set up some Christmas lights. This was no small task my friends. It was disastrous.
When I pulled out the wad of lights, and finally untangled them, I lost my footing and smashed the working lights with the crunch of my shoe. It was almost humorous. Then I got out our scary, shaky ladder and tried to hang our one working strand of icicle lights from the gutter above the garage.
Yeah, that didn't go so well either. So, we now have the sorriest display of Christmas lights you've probably ever seen out in our front yard.
But that's okay, the kids seem to think it's pretty cool.
And our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Eden kept breaking out in drama, being Mary, the mother of Jesus, and charming us all. It's really very adorable. And my mom made the. best. turkey. ever. It was so delicious.
But my favorite part about Thanksgiving is always when we go around the table and tell what we're thankful for. Tears well up in my eyes every year, and I love the little bond of intimacy it creates with those at the table. I know I have so much. So much, and I feel grateful all the time. I really do. But this year, I feel especially thankful for Mike. He's everything to me, and I love him more than anything.
Happy Post-Thanksgiving!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!