Social Icons

A portrait wall and random hapennings

I've not been in a blogging mood lately. Perhaps it's because of major lack of sleep, or trying to get house projects done with guns blazing. I've been using every spare minute to try to finish our family room (the one without a fireplace). Then, of course, our dishwasher broke yesterday.
I called it quits on trying to fix it at 9 p.m. It's a disaster. 
I threw all the parts inside and just shut the door on it.
*
Anyway, a little project that I've always liked is a gallery wall. I have a love of cute frames, but none of them match. Pinterest didn't help this time, they only showed matchy-match frames. 
I have matching frames, but I've never liked them hanging, so I just took all my favorite frames and hung them. I love it. While matching and order looks nice, I love color and disorder. I am crazy about things when I have to look over them instead of just taking it in at a glance. All that to say, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
 *
Eden and Micah have been playing together really well. We had a few hard days this week, although I think to myself "I had some really selfish days this week". When they play together, it's sweet. Eden takes on this little motherly, smothering role and Micah just goes along with it thrilled at any type of attention from her. When he cries, she'll make him sit in her lap, and if he cries harder, she'll literally smother him and say "he just wants me". 
 *
Last weekend we went to the zoo. Usually on Saturday morning, I wake up super duper early and can't sleep because I'm so excited that Mike is home with us. We're close, I've said that before. It's like an excitement that my body can't contain. Unfortunately, he has to work today, boooo. It's like the day that I look forward to since Sunday night. Sigh.

Eden got tired of walking at the zoo, and resorted to sitting on top of the stroller. I've mentioned that she loves a padded seat. Her hat got her bottom half and I quickly gave her mine. She always looks way cuter in my stuff anyway.

Micah, Micah, Micah. He's a doll, a pouty doll, but a doll. His personality is just huge. I can already tell he's a ham. Loves to get people to laugh at him, and will do things at any cost. He had Eden belly laughing last night for the longest time. I don't think her little stomach muscles could take any more.
 *
Lastly, does this make you laugh?
No, I did not put that sticker on him nor did I help in any way.
Eden got some stickers in the mail the other day and she wanted to dispose of this one right away. She loved the other stickers and carried them around the rest of the day, but I'm guessing she didn't like this one because it was brown. 
She thought Micah would like it.
As she put it on him she said "Micah just wants a sticker".

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Sandra Kohlmann said...

The juvenile delinquent sticker is crazy funny.

I love the portrait wall. I think all the different frames work great together, because you hung them in such an orderly way.

Glad you're back to blogging, even if just for a day.