Social Icons

The most beautiful day

This is me tonight: making Christmas cookies, listening to Bon Iver, praying for Mike as he takes his final, and enjoying not talking aloud. 
I have been choosing to do the things that make me happy at night for this past week. Be it calling a friend, wrapping presents, starting yet another project, it's been relief.
I haven't been looking at it as the things I have to do, simply the things that make me happy.
Somehow laundry will probably never fit in my perfect equation, so there goes that out the window.
*
But things that make me happy:
We had some visitors today, and the kids skipped their naps. It's not ideal, but memories are. When they left, Micah fussed, nursed, and clonked out.

Thinking it's been a while since Eden's had the opportunity to hold her "little" sleeping brother, I asked her if she'd like to. She beamed with joy at the idea.

She was so gentle, pushing his hair back, stroking his face.

She even began to sing "Hush Little Baby", but her singing got a little carried away, and he began to stir. She quickly quieted her voice not wanting this moment to pass her by.

She talked about how chubby he was, and how he was such a baby. 
It was a moment that I soaked in to my core.

Eden always talks about how Micah has no eyebrows. He does, they're just light.
She touched them, but still didn't believe they were there.

She chatted quietly and rubbed his head a little excessive.
"You're safe," she wispered.
*
Gonna keep this one in the front of my mind for a while.
So quiet, so real, and all so perfect.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!