Social Icons

We're a happy family

Eden has never seen the popular PBS show "Barney" and I have no intentions of letting her, but she adores the song. She sings it all the time and will often ask Mike or I to sing it to her,
 "I love you,
 You love me.
 We're a happy family. 
With a great big hug
 and a kiss from me to you
 won't you say you love me too."
So this past Sunday, we were headed to grandma and grandpa's for an afternoon visit. We had an unusually hard time getting out the door. Picture either me or Mike putting Eden's coat on about six times, Micah sitting in his carseat for what seemed like an eternity waiting for us to leave; forgetting this and remembering that...it was not a pretty picture my friends. As we were in the elevator, we had one last squabble remembering that it was Sunday, and doesn't this sort of thing always happen on Sunday. We got out of the elevator and Eden took off. As Mike went after her and was walking back to the car, I saw a huge smile beaming on his face. When we got in the car he said, "as soon as I scooped Eden up, she sang 'We're a happy family' and with a huge smile on her face. 
I love her sense of humor, though she may have been thinking of the moments early in the morning with daddy and Micah.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!