Social Icons

Spring Chickens?

This little box is hardly what it seems. It's sitting on our table and I assure you there are no spring chickens in the box. What is in the box though is real and and it's big, theoretically. 
It's our prayer box. 
When I was growing up, we had a stack of 3x5 cards that sat on our table in our napkin holder. Before each meal we ate as a family, we each picked a card. On that 3x5 card, were prayer requests that we had each written. I love when we pray as a family, and I've often thought back to this tradition so we're finally starting our own prayer cards. 
Eden loves it. We only began last night, and she's asked several times, "can we use pray cards." 
I love it. I've been thinking all day about what I'm going to write on my card before dinner.
Mike loves it. He said before we started last night, "I love this idea."
I think it's the best idea I've had all week.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!