Social Icons

Decisions, Deciscions

Mike is an incredible dad. It's not just how enthusiastic he is, or how creative he is when he plays with the kids. It's like he makes a conscious effort to make Eden & Micah's life more fun. It might make his life a little more complicated and hard, but he doesn't care. So, usually Mike gets Eden ready for bed and he lets her pick out her own socks.
They empty the sock drawer on the changing table and he goes through each design with her until she finds one she's happy about wearing.
I've rarely tried Mike's method. It's just hard for me and it's just that extra step of selflessness that I don't feel like I've attained yet. But this morning I decided to give it a go. I told Eden she could pick out her socks and she came bouncing over to me with her socks, she'd picked "smileys".

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!