Social Icons

Imagination...breakdown

Today was quite the day, let me tell you, it was beautiful. But as far as picture worthy, I'd be scared to see what my camera captured, so there'll be no pictures and just a boring note post. Not all days are bliss, and today was definitely one of those "not" days.
Mike had been off several days and it always is an adjustment day the day he goes back to work, so I guess I knew today would be an adjustment day. But, sadly, I was that lady in the park with the toddler on the ground throwing a fit. Yup, that was me, standing there, looking around to see who was gawking at me.
I psyched myself up and took the kids to an amazing playground. I don't even want to name it because I don't want it to get too discovered. (I don't have any blog readers anyway, so it wouldn't matter, but just in case I hit it big one day.) Anyway, not a big fan of playgrounds, I don't know, I just don't get into it. Give me a field or a grassy knoll, give me a concrete jungle and I can be creative with it, but for some reason, playgrounds don't do it for me.
So, by my standards, this was a cool playground, and I'm hard to please that way. All Eden wanted to do was swing. Fine. It's her time to shine and if that's what she thinks shines, so be it. I parked her on a swing next to a baby swing so that Micah could relish the glory of swinging too, and he did. He goo-ed and gaaa-ed, it was really cute. Okay, I pushed Eden on a swing for an hour and half. Call me crazy but to me that's a long time. Golly, it just hit me again how long.
I told her it was time to go. I peeled her from the swing and it was just a huge scene as we left the park. Crazy. That's what I kept telling myself, but I didn't get impatient or mad. I felt like I was uttering mantras the whole time this crazy scene was happening and then I remembered something. I had read a bible verse from the message this morning about how soft words calm a rigid spirit. Well, it didn't really calm her, but it calmed me.
I knew that God sees this as so small, so I guess that's what I tried to look at it like. I tried, but the breakdown kept coming and it did seem really big for a couple of minutes. But today was really cool, to get that bird's eye view of something and think that maybe that's how God views our "big" crazy breakdowns.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!