Social Icons

Losing focus

I love being home with my kids.
 It's what I've always wanted and it's precious to me. 
I never miss a thing, never. 
I see the all the first, the smiles, the tears, I see it all. 
But, once in a while I lose focus. 
I get frustrated and I dream of being somewhere else or doing something else and
lose focus.
Yesterday, I got back into focus.
We played outside.
Eden chased robins, Micah sat on a blanket.
I pulled the kids in the wagon.
We read books together and I included Eden in everything I did.
I hauled the garbage out in the wagon, and Eden put a bag in her grocery cart.
We got the mail and played guessing games of what could be in the package we got.
Eden guessed an octopus or a monkey, I guessed a book.
It was "The Giving Tree." I think it's Eden's new favorite book.
We cleaned our deck and rearranged.
I loved yesterday.
It was hard work getting back into focus.
*
I think I want to plaster this Bible verse on every wall of our condo:
"Therefore we do not lose heart. 
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. 
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
*
I love being home.
I love the intensity and the memories that are born out of it.
It's simple really.
Don't lose heart.
Do what you love,
love what you do.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!