Social Icons

I think all my posts will be labeled 'random'

My brain is so fragmented these days.
I hope it's temporary.
Today I had my pre-op, it went well. The kids missed me, and I loved that part.
Eden's really getting into organization and lately she tells me she doesn't like the mess in the playroom and asks me if I'll help her clean it up. Ummm, yes, please.
(I wanted to label this picture: Eden got her hair washed the next day, but it sounded mean). She's a doll, always, even with dirty hair.

Micah got his first very own bracelet last week. He loves it. I love when boys accessorize.
(I wanted to label this one: Micah's dirty shirt is actually clean, just stained).

Our creative juices have been flowing over here lately.
Eden did this crazy incredible picture last week of care bears, a rainbow, and a beast, of course. Her obsession with villains is still strong.

Mike told me this weekend that we've almost lived here for four months. What?! That's it? I've done six rooms. I don't think I've posted pictures of them all, but six! I feel good about that. Pshhht, in four months!
Mike and I went on a wonderful date this weekend. Dinner and a play, it was heaven. We saw, "To Kill a Mockingbird". Wonderful, and powerful.
I finished our downstairs bathroom on Saturday. Got up at the crack of dawn, literally the crack, and was done by noon.
I fear my obsession with preaching podcasts is waning. I don't want it to be though, they're awesome.

My last thought of the night which is random in context but not as a whole:
I think of myself as an introvert. I enjoy people but within my parameters, and only when I can mentally prepare, and so on. I've always thought that it was fine to be like this, and that my opposites are extroverts. I listened to a podcast (I know, I know) from Francis Chan about the second greatest commandment in the Bible, "love your neighbor as yourself". I've heard it my whole life, but for some reason, it really got me. I don't believe that it's right for me to be an introvert. I truly believe right now that God has called me to live a life of community. To learn from other people, to truly love them, and to give them your best. Easy concept, but hard to arrive. I'll get there eventually, but it won't be overnight. It's just amazing that things that God can change in your heart. "Beautiful" pretty much sums it up best.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

I have to disagree with you. I think you should embrace your introverted personality. The world is a better place because of people like you. Example, I can't sit still long enough to sit and write a blog like this or make awesome baby books for my kids.
Watch this video: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc0KYU2j0TM4&v=c0KYU2j0TM4&gl=US
Love,
Your Extroverted Friend from Florida