Social Icons

Mother's Day

It's been sooo long since I've blogged.
Every little bit of time I've had lately has been sucked up by our basement and consequently a rummage sale. So. Much. Work.
To say that I'm relieved it's over would be the biggest understatement of the year.
Spending my days in the garage when only a few feet away, the sunshine is gleaming on the driveway. Not my idea of fun.
But it's over.
And we've got a lot less stuff.
And the money is going to a good cause.
It's a win win baby.
*
Part of me wondered what my emotions would be like this Mother's Day.
Wondering if I'd be sad, not having a little baby to hold, and wondering
if grief would rear it's ugly head again.
But, I'm not.
Last week, what-would-have-been-our-due-date came and went.
I forgot.
And I'm so thankful.
 I have two beautiful children that God has given me.
Two amazing little people that fill my time,
and two crazy beautiful souls who shock me sometimes because of their love.
 When we went through our miscarriage last fall, I used to write down my 
prayers daily. Over and over and over again, I asked God to change
me, to change my family. To impact our lives, to truly make a difference,
so that we could all look back and say "it is well with my soul."
God has answered that prayer.
Truly.
And "it is well with my soul."
My heart is forever changed, in so many ways, because of being a mother.
Thank you Jesus.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!