Social Icons

Not my smartest moment

I thought by this time of the year, I'd be out digging in the dirt with the kids.
We'd have a little garden, with little sprouts coming up, that's what I thought.
My, my, how wrong I've been.We had snow yesterday.
But this in the picture, that's not snow.

That, my friend, is down feathers.
See, in all our cooped upness, I decided a project was in order.
A window seat to be exact. 

I took a down blanket that drove me absolutely crazy, 
and I cut it open in my house.
I had no idea, if you want to make a window seat, take your down blankets outside before you cut them up. You'll save yourself so much effort and time.

Eden likes it when I have these 'not so smart moments'. 
I think she think I'm more fun.
Kinda true.
It's laughable when you do silly things.

Besides a house covered in down feathers, which by the way
resembles dust bunnies, the window seat turned out just how I imagined.

It's now become the most treasured sitting spot, and I love that.


Our bunny Eyelash is right out the window too, so the kids
just sit and watch her and talk to her through the window.
So, there you have it, not my smartest moment,
but our coziest little seat.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!