Social Icons

Ready

  In 48 hours, this ankle surgery will be over with. That's a relief just to think about, but I'm ready. I know this might sound silly, but I let Jesus guide my day today and it was perfect:
  Micah woke up kinda sick, so I called a friend about a play date (Note to self: I don't like that word) we were supposed to have with intentions to cancel to not get them sick. We ended up still getting together and it was perfect. Seriously. My heart's been stressed and I just needed a friend today.
   We got a letter in the mail today from the Compassion worker who works with our little girl we sponsor. The last couple lines said, "Don't be afraid, our God is bigger than anything." Talk about crazy cool, I needed that too.
   The kids and I went to a visitation for someone who passed away. It was a great opportunity to talk with Eden about Jesus (what isn't) but more than that I realized that I need to tell people how much they mean to me. Why wait? Why withhold a blessing? (If you're on the positive end of what I think).
  Tonight, I shopped. By myself. Perfect...except I was in a crazy amount of pain. It was good though, because it made me feel ready. I feel so physically wiped out, like I've done project after project around here and I'm just plain worn out and worn thin. So, I'm ready.
   After I got home from my short because of the pain shopping escapade, I started gathering all of the stuff around the house that I always want to do. Books I've been wanting to read, magazines that I don't have the time for, smash book supplies that I promised myself I would use, recycled silk yarn and a mini loom, I could go on. It's like the most wonderful stash of little artsy stuff you can imagine, and looks like eye candy all in a discombobulated mess. So, right now as I look to my right of my bed, I have piles of fun. Stuff I'm excited for and to accomplish, and just plain ready. Too bad I have a day of cleaning ahead of me tomorrow before my break begins.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!