Social Icons

Everyday Joy

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
I feel like taking that verse very literal right now, as this whole not walking thing is getting old fast. Everyday I've been so great about mentally guarding my heart and mind, not letting negative thoughts and defeat come near, until today. I let them come.
It's like restarting your mind everyday when every morning getting dressed takes so much effort and little silly chores make me sweat buckets because of the extra effort. 
I have no business letting my mind go there because 
I'm beyond blessed.
Blessed, because I have two children who are darling beyond words and have their health.


Blessed, because I have a husband that is beyond amazing.

Blessed, because I've missed nothing and am making beautiful memories everyday.
 Blessed, because I know that God is so near.
And not to mention the weather, for real Wisconsin?
Like I said, blessed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jen said...

I know exactly how you feel. Having no use of my right arm for over 8 weeks was a mentally challenging job! You are blessed to have all you have....but don't forget that your feelings are valid and to feel them does not mean you don't lose sight of the bigger meaning. ......you are only human in the end :)