Social Icons

Losing it...in a good way

As a joke, I always tell people that I get dumber as a mom as the years go by.
My days are spent reading children's books and I enjoy the mindlessness of coloring.
Finding the perfect play dough recipe is not something I ever thought I'd spend time on, 
though dressing dolls or building with blocks were never on that list either.
My intellectual abilities may not be increasing, that much I can say.
 BUT, in parenting, I have never learned so much spiritually.
I've never sought God so much, relied on God so much, and been dependent on God 
like I have in parenting.
I've been learning a lot lately too.
 Nothing I haven't heard before, but it's penetrating a different part of my heart.
Like 'Am I loving my kids like God loves me?'
Am I showing them kindness, grace, long-suffering, and gentleness?
Yeesh! 
I've got a long way to go, such a long way to go.
 And every day, I've been beginning my prayer life a little different.
Not just "Jesus, help me today",
but "God, help me to walk in the Spirit".
 So, maybe I'm losing it, by "it" I mean my I.Q., but I think I'm learning to lose myself.
These little ones are teaching me to let go of my selfishness
even though I try so hard to hang onto it.
I can't walk in the Spirit and be selfish at the same time.
Then losing it, is definitely a good thing.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!