Social Icons

Ezra Leif


I feel like this is a story I tear up at just when I think about it.
It's a story that began almost two years ago.
A miscarriage, a molar pregnancy, and probably almost a hundred doctor appointments in between and after, we got pregnant with Ezra.

A healthy pregnancy is something I will never take for granted.
The yearning and desire that goes along with that is something
that can't be expressed in words.

All of Ezra's pregnancy, I was so thankful but fearful.
Leary about all of the what if's that could possibly happen because they
had in the past. I took each day as it came.
Some were so much harder emotionally than others.

And then, Friday morning, reality really hit.
I woke up at 5 a.m. with a strong contraction, and woke Mike 
right away.
I called my mom, and tried to get dressed for nearly thirty minutes.

We got to the hospital at 6, and Ezra was born at 7:30.
They laid him on me, and I felt frozen in time.
I was shocked, stunned, and so in love.

I will never, in all my life forget that feeling.
That relief.
That reality.
That answered prayer.
Laying on me,
breathing,
thriving,
and so beautiful.

There is nothing that compares to the birth of a child.
My opinion of course, I guess these little people do a number on me.

My baby is two days old.
I'm in awe,
a little shock,
and emotional.





  
This journey, the one we've been on for what seems like so long,
it's really begun.
Really begun.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!