Social Icons

Brokenness, and finally some inspiration

It's funny how we think God should work. I personally, put Him in a little box and I expect him to work when I think I'll be ready, convict me when I think I should be sorry, and hear me when I say a two second prayer.
I thought that God would do a work in me when I had my surgery. Because I was down and discouraged, I thought that somehow I would find a deeper place in my heart where my prayers would mean more and my attitude would be more sincere. See the box?
I never would have foreseen what we'd be going through right now. I never would have imagined how hard parenting could be. We're still in this whole no sleep situation with Eden. Last night though, I saw some reassurance that I've needed so bad. See, Eden's been getting about six hours of sleep a day. It affects her behavior so much. I'm sure you can guess which direction her behavior has been going. It's not been pretty but she has been having some anxiety just over things that her imagination is creating.
Thankfully, I have a wonderful best friend, which also happens to be my mom, who has encouraged me through it all, and taught me to try anything.
It puts parenting in a whole new dimension for me. Where patience is what I pray for almost every five minutes of the day and I need God like I never have before. It's made me examine my life to where I watch every song I listen to and every word I say. It has made me change how I handle my own sleepless nights and put weight on every thing we do in a day. It's living intentionally, living with conviction.
I would've thought that my convictions would've been upon me six months ago, but they weren't. They're happening now, and my daughter is watching.
And last night, we all had a good night and good sleep.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!