Social Icons

Why summer is my new favorite

Fall used to win my heart.
Every year.
Smitten with it.
Now it's summer, my favorite.
I feel like sometimes I bounce out of bed (or limp), because the birds woke me and the sun is beckoning me.

Mike and I went paddle boarding this past weekend.
If summer weren't my favorite, that sport sure would be.
I remember when Mike and I used to canoe all the time.
Well, he'd canoe, I'd sit and relax.
This reminds me so much of that except for the sitting factor.
Love it, everyone should try it.
We went on the one day of the month that it rained, go figure.
We sat in the car with the rain pounding the roof.
It reminded me of when we were dating.
Scanning for a good song on the radio, trying to find the weather, teasing each other, we had fun.

My kids are loving summer too.
For them it's popsicles outside that are so good it's running down their chest and arms.
It's also late night neighbor parties where they stay up soooo late, I can't believe I allow it.
It means eating outside and grabbing a bite in between playing this and playing that.

We've been through a lot as a family this year.
More perhaps than I'd ever imagined.
It keeps me thinking, and definitely thanking God

It also makes me wonder:
Am I just more thankful and grateful or is summer just my new favorite?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!