Social Icons

For moms like me

I read a lot a blogs, at least, I think I do. It seems like most moms have been doing valentine crafts for weeks, decorating their house, and celebrating a little sooner than I have.
So, for moms like me, who haven't done a thing yet, here's a little valentine craft for your littles, and to kill two birds with one stone, a little decor at the same time. I found this on this blog, one of the many that I love.
 While Eden and Micah were playing at the table, I got out three pieces of double sided construction paper. Fancy, right? And I just cut as many hearts as I could.

 Get some wax paper, construction paper and glue, and you're almost done prepping. Told you this was easy.

Cut two big heart outlines out of your paper and glue them onto a sheet of wax paper.

 Give your little people their glue and let them share their little bowl of cut out hearts and craft to their little hearts content.

Cut out your heart from the wax paper, and tah-dah, you have yourself a little valentine decor. Plus your little people will feel accomplished and creative.
*
On a more serious note, it's been quite the week. I had an ultrasound Thursday evening followed by a call from the doctor right after to prepare to have surgery on Friday. My hormone numbers went up last week, which prompted the ultrasound, and found a molar pregnancy. To say I'm devastated would be an understatement. I began the grieving process all over again, my hopes dashed again, and I've been on my knees more in the past four days than I think I have been in my life.
There's a lot of unanswered questions at this point and only time will answer them. I never in a million years thought that this chapter in my life would be so long, let alone written. Yesterday I felt like I had a renewed hope, a few findings in my internet research that could be a little joyful if true. Time will tell.
For now, it's the little things and the three people in my life that I've been blessed with. Smiling when Eden says "wormaid" for mermaid and Micah yells "MEDIC" whenever he gets hurt. And yeah, Mike surprised me with an ipad last week when all this went down. Don't be jealous. I am blessed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!