Social Icons

More behind than ever

 I feel like I usually do a decent job of keeping up. Never with it, not organized, but I manage.
Lately, I don't even manage. I blame a broken camera and a slow computer, but I could also add my short attention span and the random house projects that I've been creating.

 These pics are from our first fourth of July parade. In the little town we used to live in, it's just a few miles away, we nestled in among strangers and dashed in the road for the good candy like starburst.
Mike and Eden walked down to the little gas station on the corner before it started for a popsicle. We were shocked that they're only a dollar. One can't buy much these days for a buck, not even an ice cream.

 I love these memories. I wish even now I could relive them just for a moment. Life goes so fast.

 I love how Micah smells after he eats yogurt, and how Eden still can't resist a cuddle. I love how gentle Micah is towards Eden and how he says her name. And I love how Eden adores anything glitsy and gaudy. These are the summer days... wish I could hold onto these memories, just always have them in the front of my mind.
 It's funny too, life seems easier. Eden does what I tell her in a restaurant or a parking lot, and Micah will do anything for his "baby". We sit outside at night and there's no bugs because we've had no rain. There's no lawn to mow on the weekend, just time for each other. And I think we've grown so close.

Which also makes me more behind than ever.
The house is rarely clean, and the laundry is always in piles. As you can tell, this blog has been neglected. But we have dirty beach towels, sand on our floor, and library books in piles. There's also the random craft days that Eden and I have where she ends up cutting up anything with a scissors.
So, I need to do better because I don't want to ever forget these memories. They're too dear to slip away unnoticed.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!