Social Icons

Little messy housekeepers

We are moving in 11 days! The condo is always a disaster, but it hasn't bothered me. We're moving for goodness sake. It has been really hard to get things packed. The kids love boxes.
Climbing on them, stacking them, trying to stand on them when I'm not looking, or making pretend little houses out of them, it's all good fun to them.

They seem to not even notice that the condo looks like a bomb shelter,

which is why I love children so much. They're little sweet nature totally uninhibited by trivial things.

But, boxes bore me. So a couple of weekends ago, I went rummaging, by myself (thank you Mike). I found this adorable little hutch at a preschool rummage. It was rough. I wish I had taken a before picture, but it was so unattractive, I couldn't bring myself to take a picture.

After hours and hours of sanding, adding new knobs, cleaning out the mouse nest, and getting it to sit flat, I am thrilled with how it looks. There was so much paint on it to that the drawers hardly moved and now they easily come in and out.
Take a good look because Eden and Micah are more of the messy type of housekeepers.

They've been having a blast with it though and playing together nicely when sharing isn't the major issue.

I love when they play together, it gives me little glimpses into the future of what I hope will be a life-long friendship.

But for now, I'll enjoy the two minutes that it lasts before the hair pulling, hitting, kicking, and screaming ensue.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!